Tax Returns

Self assessment tax returns have to be completed if HMRC make a request, or if you have something to declare.  In both instances, your tax return must be submitted by the end of January to avoid an automatic £100 penalty.

The most common situations which give rise to a self assessment tax return are:

  • If you are self employed
  • If you are a director
  • If you receive rental income
  • If you have capital gains to declare
  • If you require a refund of tax

The Curtis Partnership will complete your tax return as early as is possible.  If you are self employed, this will be at the same time as your accounts are prepared; if you are a director or if you have other sources of income, your tax return will be completed as soon as we have the necessary information.

In all cases, we will contact you to ask for missing information and when your tax return is ready for your signature, you will be advised/reminded of its full contents and be given an exact calculation of any tax due to be paid.

Our Latest News

  • 3rd August 2018

    Amazon Tax Bill

    As we continue to enjoy the summer holiday season, the accounting world starts its countdown to the tax return deadline of 31st January.  This is the...

    Read More
  • 19th May 2018

    When to complete a Tax Return

    At The Curtis Partnership we have all of this covered for our clients, but we know that some of you out there in Cheadle, Tean, Uttoxeter, Leek or even...

    Read More
  • 19th April 2018

    Latest Tax and NIC information for 2018/19

    Here at The Curtis Partnership we like to make it easy for you to find what you need so here are the latest tax, national insurance and minimum wages rates...

    Read More